Boilers Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
“There’s nothing as comfortable as a boiler heated home. I’m so impressed with the comfort that a boiler delivers, that I catch myself designing what it would be like to add a boiler to my own home.”
~ Mat Stone, President, Home Mechanix
Boilers and Pittsburgh Go Together!
If you’re looking for a boiler HVAC company in Pittsburgh, PA, look no further than our experts.
We specialize in Boiler Heating because it’s a clean and efficient way to heat your home. Gone are the days of forcing air through ductwork that is most likely dirty and filled with dust, mold, mildew, allergens, bacteria, and viruses. Not to mention the loss of efficiency that is inherent with ductwork.
Pittsburgh winters can be brisk, so when you want the ultimate home comfort, we recommend a boiler heating solution.
What is a Boiler Heating System? A boiler is a type of hydronic heating system, meaning it uses water as the heat transfer medium. A boiler heating system uses natural gas to heat water inside a tank. The hot water moves through pipes and provides radiant heat to your home, usually in the form of baseboard heaters or a radiator (which radiates heat into the room). The boiler system is unique in that there is no need for ductwork, fans, blowers, or any of the other components needed with traditional forced air system.
At Home Mechanix, we task ourselves with ensuring your boiler is functioning without flaw, checking your heat at the source and at various locations throughout your home.
Did you know that most traditional forced air homes lose as much as 30% of their capacity due to duct work that leaks?
Benefits of Boilers to Heat Your Home
Boiler Heating Systems work by heating water and dispersing the heat. It converts water to either hot water or steam which then moves through pipes that release heat inside the home. The water is continuously rerouted back to the boiler where it gets recycled and reheated for continuous heating.
- Increased Comfort. Heating your home with a boiler provides a high-quality heat that is cozy and comfy. The heat is infused into the room as opposed to being forced through duct work and vents. This gives the heat a different, fresher feeling and dispenses the heat more evenly.
- Enhanced Indoor Air Quality (IAQ): Boilers offer a form of heating that does not produce dust particles and other allergens. Compared to a forced air system that recycles dust and allergens into your living space.
- Modern Features: Boilers are feature rich. Now you can get user-friendly programming and zoning capabilities. Homeowners can distinguish zones within the home and programmable thermostats allow automating the start and stop of the heat delivery as well.
- Ultra-Quiet Operation: Many homeowners are relieved that they won’t have to hear the furnace “kick on “ or “kick off” not to mention the noise as the air circulates out of the vents.
- Less Repair Needed: Because the boiler has fewer moving parts when compared to a traditional forced air system, it usually translates into less wear and tear and therefor few repair issues.
The Best Boiler Manufacturer.
We back up the best boiler products with the best boiler service. We carefully select our manufacture so we can fell 100% confident that you are getting the best experience.
Lochinvar Boiler Heating Solutions – A Boiler For Every Need
Whether you need a few thousand or up to 6 million BTUs, Lochinvar has the right high-efficiency boiler for your project needs.
Lochinvar Boilers Pittsburgh PA
Lochinvar recognized with Vision Award
The vision awards honor innovation and excellence that contribute to efficient operations and management of institutional and commercial buildings. As a homeowner, you can trust that Lochinvar Boilers bring the best in home comfort.
Boiler Service – We Repair and Maintain All Makes and Models
Pittsburgh winters can be brisk, so you’ll want to make sure to get your Boiler System installed and properly maintained before winters hits. We complete year-round boiler installation and maintenance to ensure your family is comfortable when cold weather hits.
- Boiler Repair: We repair every boiler make and model, including Nest thermostats, Amana, Dunkirk, Peerless, Crown Boiler Company and more. We can perform repairs promptly, effectively and with unrivaled cost-efficiency.
- Boiler Maintenance: Our tried-and-true technicians perform annual safety tune-ups to make sure your equipment runs at peak performance and gets you through the next heating season.
- Boiler Replacement: We arrive at your home equipped with the material and expertise to ensure a professional installation of your boiler system. From start to finish, you can trust that we have a passion for perfection and will ensure a professional installation.
Q: What is a boiler?
A: A boiler is a closed vessel in which fluid (generally water) is heated. The fluid does not necessarily boil. The heated or vaporized fluid exits the boiler for various heating applications.
Q: How does a boiler system work?
A: The boiler is the most important part of a central heating system. A valve opens, gas enters a sealed combustion chamber in the boiler though lots of small jets and an electric ignition system sets them all right.
Q: What is the correct temperature for a boiler?
A: The average setting for a forced hot water system is 180 degrees F. It can be raised as high as 210 degrees if needed in severe weather.
Q: How long do boiler last?
A: The average lifespan of a boiler is around 10-15 years…it is possible to keep your boiler going for many years as long as you schedule maintenance every year. Regularly scheduled maintenance will help keep your boiler running at peak performance and extend the life of the system.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA we cover the North Pittsburgh area including McCandless, Hampton, Franklin Park, Allison Park, Cranberry, Pine, Warrendale, Ingomar, Wexford, Ohio Township, Bellevue, Emsworth, Lawrenceville, Squirrel Hill, Westview, North Park, Mars, North Hills and Sewickley.
Looking for Boiler Installation or Repair? We have a passion for perfection, making us Pittsburgh’s preferred choice for all matters regarding boilers. Get a FREE consultation. You’ll be glad you did! Call TODAY! (412) 223-7730.