Why HVAC Maintenance Is A Must
“Regular HVAC maintenance could reduce the risk of costly furnace, heat pump, and air conditioning breakdowns by as much as 95%.”
~ Mat Stone, President, Home Mechanix
Everything Runs Better When It Has Regular Maintenance.
If you’re like most homeowners your furnace, heat pump or air conditioner probably gets neglected. Ask yourself these questions:
~When was the last time you changed your air filter?
~Do you know how often to change your air filters based on the inhabitants of your household?
~When was the last time you gave your furnace or AC a safety checkup?
Benefits of Regularly Scheduled Maintenance:
- Peak Performance – Regular maintenance will help your furnace or heat pump and air conditioner perform at peak performance which will help save money on our monthly utility bills.
- Extend the life of your equipment – If you want your equipment to last longer you must take care of it. There are two things you can do to extend the life of your equipment: get a yearly scheduled tune-up, one for your furnace and one for you air conditioners. And then make sure to regularly changes your air filter.
- Increase your home safety – Having a professional HVAC company inspect your furnace or heat pump will address performance issues and identify any potential safety issues.
- Promote healthy cleaner air – Indoor Air Quality starts with a healthy system with regular air filter changes
- Lower utility bills – And fewer repairs are a result of your furnace and air conditioner being properly maintained.
We Service all Makes and Models of Equipment
As a full-service HVAC contractor, we take care of the three main functions: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. You can count on us to be able to service your heating and cooling equipment regardless of what brand it is. Our technicians are expertly trained so you don’t have to call searching for a price you like; you can count on Home Mechanix to be able diagnose and fix your issue.
Did you know? Dirt and neglect are the top reasons for heating and cooling equipment failure. Your furnace or heat pump has many components that can affect the health and safety of you and your loved ones. A tune up brings true peace of mind as our techs will inspect and test every aspect of your furnace which allows us to detect small problems before they become big problems.
How often should I have my HVAC Systems Checked? Don’t let another year slip by without a performance and safety check of your home heating and cooling system. Your HVAC systems should be checked by a professional once a year at a minimum. If you heat and cool your home with a central AC and furnace; each of these units should be maintained every year. If you have a heat pump system that you use year-round, then you’ll want to schedule this service once every 6 months.
What Does HVAC Service Include?
The HVAC service plan includes a comprehensive inspection for signs of leaks, problems with electrical connections and wiring, and efficient thermostat operation. Our tune-up includes:
Clean & adjust burner assembly
Clean ignition assembly
Clean heat exchanger or elements
Clean and adjust blower components
Monitor refrigerant pressure
Adjust thermostat calibration
Clean evaporator coils if accessible
Clean or replace air filters
Tighten electrical connections
Measure volts / amps
Lubricate all moving parts
Test safety controls
Clean condensate drains
Measure temperature difference
Stay a step ahead of the season. Our maintenance program will give you peace of mind. Call Home Mechanix for furnace maintenance, heat pump maintenance and air condition maintenance.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA we cover all the North Metro area. Call today: (412) 223-7730.