Heat Pumps Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
“The best time to shop for a Heat Pump is before it stops working.
~ Mat Stone, President, Home Mechanix
Heat Pumps Offer Year-Round Solution for Home Comfort
It doesn’t matter what the weather is doing in Pittsburgh when you have a Heat Pump from Home Mechanix. Sure, their high energy efficiency rating is impressive, but they’re also practical, convenient, and environmentally friendly as well.
The popularity of today’s heat pumps is because new technology and increasing improvements in design and installation have made heat pump systems one of the most efficient and cost-effective alternatives for home heating.
Did you know? Fifty percent Of Your Utility Bill Goes To Heating & Cooling Your Home.
The average home in Pittsburgh will spend over $2000 a year in their home heating and cooling. It doesn’t have to be this way. A new furnace installed and maintained properly will operate more efficiently than your current system. Today’s high efficiency furnaces will allow you to start saving money immediately.
The Savings Are Substantial.
One of the biggest reasons people choose a heat pump is because today’s heat pumps can reduce your electricity use for heating approximately 50% when compared to electric resistance heating such as furnace and baseboard heaters.
Professional Tip: We recommend you buy the highest efficiency heat pump you can afford. We offer a full line of products and provide financing options so you can make the best decision for your home.
Why Choose Armstrong? It’s the Professional’s Choice in home heating, featuring high efficiency Heat Pumps. Armstrong Heating and Cooling has been around since 1928 and is chosen by HVAC professional across the country because the brand is known for its reliability and durability.
We Feature the Armstrong Heating and Cooling because it’s a name we know and trust and because of their high efficiencies and modern technology.
Click here to download the Armstrong ComfortSyncA3 Brochure
Understanding Heat Pump Efficiencies: Heat Pump Systems function as both cooling and heating systems for your home. Because of this, heat pumps have two efficiency ratings: one for heating and one for cooling.
SEER: Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating is the rating for the cooling mode of air conditioners. The higher the number the higher the efficiency. The Department of Energy has established 14 SEER as the minimum allowable cooling efficiency for residentials, air source heat pumps.
HSPF: Heating Seasonal Performance Ratio is used to measure a heat pump’s heating efficiency. The higher the number the higher the efficiency.
Here are just some of our most popular Heat Pumps. Click on the link to download a consumer brochure. Then call us for a FREE consultation on how we help you enhance your home comfort.
Is a Heat Pump Right for Your Home?
We’ll help with that. Chances are you didn’t choose the heating and cooling system in your home. Most people inherit the heating and cooling system when they bought their home. We’ll take the time to understand your unique set of needs.
When you call on us, we will come prepared to ensure you make the right choice. Here just a few of the items we’ll take into consideration:
Are you the type of homeowner that is concerned with energy savings?
How many people live in your home?
Do you have pets? How many?
Does anyone have allergies or asthma?
Are you concerned with Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)?
Do you have issues with humidity?
Benefits of a Heat Pump
- Two in One Functionality: Heat pups can be used for heating and cooling. The obvious benefit of a heat pump is its ability to provide warmth. However the “reverse cycle” refers to its ability to work backward, thus extracting heat from you home and transferring it outside.
- Heat Pumps Control the Climate: Most of us have our own definition of what comfort is A heat pump provides you with ability to easily control and maintain your indoor climate to your own specific needs.
- Heat Pumps are extremely energy efficient and eco-friendly: They offer one of the most cost=effective forms of heating and cooling. A heat pump does not burn anything as a heat energy source so there are no carbon emissions other than the tiny amount of electricity that it uses.
- Heat Pumps are convenient and safe: A heat pump allows you to switch from heating to cooling in an instant and at the push of a button. Heat pumps can heat up or cool down a room within a few minutes, then, once the room reached your preferred temperature, the heat pump will maintain that temperature for as long as you require it to. And unlike gas heating or wood burners, there are no flames or hot surfaces to worry about.
- Heat Pumps can add value to your home: As Heat pumps become more and more popular, they are adding value to your home A warm, dry comfortable environment with the addition of air conditioning will always be a plus to a potential home buyer. An Armstrong Heat pump is a safe, clean and cost effective way to heat and cool your home.
Should I Repair or Replace My Heat Pump?
We get this question all the time and answer is…it depends.
~Has your heat pump received a yearly maintenance tune up?
~Have the air filters been changed regularly?
~How old if your heat pump?
We’ll help you understand the next best step based on the answers to these questions. If the repair is simple and low cost that may be your best choice and, in some cases, the best solution may be to replace your Heat Pump. Either way we’ll help sort it all out with you.
Heat Pump – Full-Service HVAC in Pittsburgh
As a full-service HVAC company we not only help with the three primary functions of your system (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), we provide expert heat pump replacement, heat pump repair and heat pump maintenance
Pittsburgh winters are not to be taken lightly. Stay a step ahead of the season and make sure your Furnace is installed and properly maintained before winters hits. We complete year-round furnace installation and maintenance to ensure your family is comfortable when cold weather hits.
- Heat Pump Repair: We repair all brands and make and model of all major brands of heat pumps. We also help with any issue regarding Nest thermostats. We are expert at diagnosing problems and in many cases can get you back up and running in no time at all.
- Heat Pump Maintenance: Your heat pump needs a regular scheduled yearly maintenance checkup up. Our team of HVAC experts perform annual safety tune-ups to make sure your equipment runs at peak performance and gets you through the next heating season.
- Heat Pump Replacement: We excel at Heat Pump replacement and installation. From start to finish we guide you through proper product selection and always guarantee a professional installation. We arrive at your home equipped with the material and expertise to ensure a professional installation of your furnace. We have a passion for perfection and will ensure a professional furnace replacement and installation.
Don’t forget about your air filter!
The single most important thing you can do to maintain your air quality is to regularly change your air filter. It’s easy to do and just takes a second. You’ll maintain your indoor air quality and help your heat pump run at peak performance. Mark your calendar and make the commitment. You’ll be glad you did.
HEAT PUMP FAQ
Q: Is Pittsburgh a good climate for a heat pump?
A: Yes. A heat Pump offers a great comfort solution to Pittsburgh homeowners. A Heat pump can both heat and cool so just one unit works well all year long. And a heat pump offers some of the highest efficiencies so you’re sure to save money on utilities.
Q: Are there financing options for a new heat pump?
A: Yes. We can help you with options for financing options that may be available to you. Many homeowners choose one of our financing option as an easy way to pay for their new system.
Q: What is the best brand of Heat Pump?
A: We feature the Armstrong brand of gas furnaces. Armstrong is recognized at the Professional’s Choice. We only choose the most reliable and dependable brands to work with. Although most consumer ask about the brand, an even more important factor is to hire the right heating contractor to install your gas furnace. A lot can go wrong in the hands of an inexperienced contractor. And educated contractor is willing to take the time to understand your home and make a proper recommendation.
Q: Should I repair or replace my Heat Pump?
A: As a rule of thumb, if the cost of repairing your heat pump approaches 30% of the value of the heat pump, it’s time to replace. Consider that a system can be 50% more efficient which will save on bills. Also consider the older your heat pump gets the more repairs it may need.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA we cover the North Pittsburgh area including McCandless, Hampton, Franklin Park, Allison Park, Cranberry, Pine, Warrendale, Ingomar, Wexford, Ohio Township, Bellevue, Emsworth, Lawrenceville, Squirrel Hill, Westview, North Park, Mars, North Hills and Sewickley.
Are you ready to replace or upgrade your heat pump? Pittsburgh homeowners get expert advice from Home Mechanix. We’ll help you upgrade your furnace with a modern and efficient system that will provide years of home comfort.
We have a passion for perfection, making us Pittsburgh’s preferred choice for Gas Furnace Replacement, Repair and Maintenance. Get a FREE consultation. You’ll be glad you did!
Call TODAY! (412) 223-7730.